The Sales Room

Cessoils Resource Recovery


Home FAQ
It is essential to know all the aspects. Without going through the entire table for compliance you may miss parts that are requirements of council. You will then be non-compliant which may lead to land degradation, use of contaminated soils, poor quality fill and possible a waste of your time and money.
If your project is complying development and you do not need to import soils to your premises, you may use this form as a record of your investigation for further use. Keep this documentation as proof your project is exempt and complying development. If your project is determined to need a development consent, you will need to engage an appropriate specialist to prepare the project statement of environmental effects to accompany a development application. If you need to import soil to the premises, this form is the first step in the process to find a reputable soils supplier. We are more than happy to do guide you through everything.
An earthworks contractor, local councils, project managers, local land owners, builders, haulage and transport companies, landscape and landscape suppliers, rural property owners, private land owners for residential, commercial and environmental developers and investors, or building contractors.
Yes. The compliance table will inform you of the minimum requirements before an earthworks project needs a local council development consent and development application. Using this form will save time and money for the owner or project manager.
Recovered site soil is soil recovered that would otherwise be dumped to landfill because the original site does not need the dirt anymore. For example, if you are building a basement, putting in a pool, making a driveway.
Consulting & Environmental Service suggest to the private landholder that to buy a recovered site soil is a new concept. We provide an agency service to match soil supply with project needs, including imported soils.
Be aware of free soil, offers of payment, the soil supplied without a resource recovery order chain of custody: accepting soil or dirt without your development consent, accepting soil with asbestos, taking recovered resources not verified against a resource recovery order, accepting recovered resources (soil materials) not tested against a batch/ material certification. All these actions lead to land degradation and an increased difficulty to keep the land free of contamination and fit for purpose.
The cost of the soil should be less than the market price from a commercial soil supplier who sells soil made to Australian Standards. The cost of the recovered site soil needs to include the verification steps to determine the soil will be fit for your purpose and to achieve a verifiable transaction record.
Mistakes with soil can be costly. Only a certified professional soil scientist to check the soil source (provenance), verify the soil transport and its fitness for use and confirmed the waste register into a final transaction record.
The NSW Government has provided the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt & Complying Development) 2008 to enable a stream-line development process at the local government level, within the state of New South Wales. The Exempt & Complying Development is the minimum standard expected for the state. Additional aspects may be included through a local environmental plan to ensure conservation, heritage, environment and soils values are maintained.
A Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) list is available from the Soil Science Australia (peak body for soil science) website. Give your soils consultant this form to continue with the process of an environmentally compliant earthworks project.
Yes. Consulting & Environmental Services are specialists in the transaction of recovered site soils for the application to land. Our goal is to support the supply chain from source to reuse, and in doing so, protect the environment and landholder. Your project contact is -Dr Jane T Aiken (CPSS & CEnvP), E:; PO Box 323 Lithgow NSW 2790.
Waste soil is soil that you do not need on your premises — for example, excavation of the undisturbed area for the development of a new carpark.
Yes as long as it is a Virgin Excavated Natural Material, from a topsoil A-horizon with the right nutrients and soil texture.
No. If you do not need a development application and the project is an Exempt & Complying development. For a quick check purchase the environmental compliance table relevant to your local council.
Our Virtual Soil Recycling Depot is coming soon! Contact us for more information
© Cessoils All Rights Reserved | Kelta | TOP